8405 Tachometer Indicator-Generator Test Set
The 8405 is our newest tachometer test system which utilizes a precision closed loop drive system to regulate the drive speed within plus or minus 1RPM of SET SPEED from no load to full load from 100 to 5040 rpm and a line voltage change of +/-10%. The 8405 was designed to meet US Navy requirements for testing of aircraft generators and indicators. Features include an AC 3 phase sinusoidal output for testing 2 pole indicators, capabilities for load testing each generator output phase and circuit testing indicator illumination lamps. The unit will accommodate 2, 3 or 5 pin generators or indicators.
Part Number: 8405
Alternate Part Number(s):
Dimensions: 20” X 10 1/2” X 11 1/2” high
Net Weight: 29 lbs (13 kg)Email For More Info
The 8405 is our newest tachometer test system which utilizes the same precise drive control as the 8403C but was designed to meet US Navy requirements for testing of aircraft generators and indicators. In addition to the single AND 20005 Type XV-B drive pad and MS3102A10SL-3P generator input connector, it also contains an internal 2 pole tachometer generator which generates 3 phase sinusoidal output for tachometer indicator testing and features an MS3102A-14SL-5P five pin electrical interface, which can be adapted with a variety of provided cable connectors to connect to virtually any aircraft tachometer indicator or generator. Two of the 5 pins may be energized with 5 volts DC for testing the illumination lamps of tachometer indicators. We were recently awarded a long term US Navy contract for this system. This unit operates on 120 volt, 50-60Hz power supplies or 230 volt when specified. As with our other units, the 8405 contains load banks to simulate tachometer indicator loads; three phase resistive, switch selectable, 20 or 40 ohms three phase Y connected or 15 or 30 ohms delta connected. While under load, the AC voltage output may measured across all 3 phases with the panel mounted precision voltmeter.
- Overall dimensions - 20” wide X 10 1/2” deep X 11 1/2” high.
- Weight - 29 lbs.
- Power requirements - Standard: 120 volts 50/60 hz. 4 amps. Optional: 230 volts-50 hz.
- Drive pad - Conforms to AND 20005 Type XV-B.
- Drive speed - 0 to 5400 rpm minimum, adjustable by infinite vernier control.
- Voltmeter, digital - 0 to 30 volts AC selectable to all three phases.
- Speed indication - Selectable, RPM or PERCENT
- Load banks - Three phase resistive, switch selectable, 20 or 40 ohms three phase Y connected or 15 or 30 ohms delta connected.
- Voltmeter accuracy - Plus or minus 0.05% of reading plus three least significant digits.
- Rpm indicator accuracy - Crystal accuracy (0.01%) plus or minus one rpm 0-5040 range, 1/100% in PERCENT range
- Display Resolution—Rotational Speed Accuracy - plus or minus minimum 1 RPM
- Adapters - Cable adapters are provided for connection to tachometer indicators as well as both two and four pole tachometers generators.
- Dimensions: 20” X 10 1/2” X 11 1/2” high
- Net Weight: 29 lbs (13 kg)